|Selling during the dead of winter? Absolutely!|
I get asked this ALL the time.
My answer is, YES, if you want to possibly sell for more money, have your house on the market for less time and only show to those who are truly ready, willing and able to buy.
Homes that are marketed for sale during the winter months:
1. Have a 9% better chance of selling in six months.
2. Sell in one weeks less time.
3. Sell for 1.2% more.
Our Team does not take off during the winter months and we are constantly looking for homes for our Buyers to purchase. We receive over 400 leads per month from people looking to sell. If you or someone you know is looking to sell this winter, please give us a call. We won't
Found 5 blog entries for October 2015.
As a new home buyer, you may be wondering what to expect at closing. Here is some great information, provided by O'Kelley & Sorohan, Attorneys at Law.
Prior to closing, you will need to provide the following information:
- Current Mailing Address
- Social Security Number. This is necessary to verify whether or not there are liens or judgments made against you in the county that the property is located. Once the property is transferred into your name, any liens placed against you will attach to the property. The social security numbers will not be released to anyone but the State of Georgia and/or IRS as required by law.
- Corporation/LLC: If you are signing on behalf of a corporation, you must supply a copy of the corporate resolution. If
Atlanta is ranked as one of the top 5 cities for millennials. According to Wikipedia, "Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation or Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X." This generation is usually classified as those born in the early 1980's to the early 2000'
Money.com used the following criteria for ranking the top 5 cities: projected job growth above average; cost of living is relatively affordable; and there are high concentrations of amenities, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, and laundromats. These cities also offer leisure activities, including great restaurants, fun bars, and a high population of 20-34 year olds.1. Austin, Texas
- Great quality of life
- 26.2% millennial population
Inaccurate Zillow estimates creating issues with potential home sales? Absolutely! Many home owners in and around the Hamilton Mill subdivisionwill often take a look at Zillow's "Zestimate" prior to calling us to talk about selling their homes. While doing research and getting a good ballpark idea of what your homes value is, it is vitally important to get ACCURATE information. Zillow, however is not the place to get this information in my opinion and let me tell you why.
A recent article in the LA Times, titled "Inaccurate Zillow 'Zestimates' a source of conflict over home prices" pointed out the huge disparity in actual sales price versus Zillow's Zestimate that was provided. For a number of years I have challenged Zillow on their estimated values
According to Bob Villa, there are 10 home projects you must do in October.
1. Patch Concrete. Concrete will continue to deteriorate through the colder months, causing repair costs to increase. Fix your concrete now, before the cold sets in.
2. Refresh the Bath. The humid months of summer can cause mold and mildew to grow. Clean surfaces with vinegar or hydrogen peroxide to kill the mold and mildew. Remove old caulk and replace with waterproof silicone.
3. Winterize the Yard. Clear away dry or dead annuals to prevents pests and rot. Cover garden beds with a thick layer of mulch. Bring container plants in when temps dip into the 50's.
4. Plant Bulbs. This is a great time to plant perennials that will bloom in the spring, such as…